Calling for accomplices!

October 20, 2009

Me:     Live concerts, music, dancing, friends, Panera hazelnut coffee, good books, good movies, sand volleyball, & travel: a hedonistic, sophistic socialite, I enjoy life. Living life to love and to learn, I suppose the obvious result – “a love of learning” – is what inspires me to write and to teach.

A brief, spontaneous blurb about writing:

A good day is spent learning through observing individuals, listening to their stories as they share snippets of their lives, and reading information comprised of research, facts, and opinions. Writing is the opportunity to explore concepts, tease out preconceived notions and biases, critically investigate what is “known,” develop new ideas or notions, reflect, etc. Writing is a vehicle for learning, communication, and discovery. I no longer worry about the permanence of the written word, since (to modify a quote) nothing written is ever done, only due. Writing is a work in progress, a snapshot of ideas, research, opinions, etc. at that point in their development. Writing is a joy, a privilege, an opportunity, a freedom, a responsibility.

Writing is private and public, a monologue and dialogue.  It can be politically charged.

The National Day of Writing is a celebration of the privilege and the opportunity to learn, to teach, to read, to compose, and to revisit and revise.

Writing is not merely a solitary activity.

~~AJK

“I have no need for good souls: an accomplice is what I wanted.”– Jean-Paul Sartre

A collaborative project to promote the National Day on Writing by the Bowling Green State University Writing Center and the Center for Online and Blended Learning.