Sebo Center Reflection

October 14th, 2010

This was my first visit to the Sebo Center on campus located at the Doyt Perry Football Stadium. First impression, I was amazed at how large the facility was compared to the view from outside. The hallways were very spacious and I got the feeling of being in a new building as far as sight and smell was concerned. The tour guide was very nice and answered all of our questions in a sound manner, appearing to be quite knowledgeable about the functions of the Sebo Center. Being on the field for the first time was very cool as well. I did not know that the new MAC logos were placed on the field this year. I went to the Homecoming game a few weekends back and did not even notice them.

The new system for activating and deactivating keys to rooms in the facility is truely a prime example of how technology within current facilities can benefit the safety and control of its visitors and employees. Having the aquatic/rehabilitation rooms are important to the conditioning of college athletes and I found that section of the building to be very clean and up to standards as far as accessibility and amenities. In our textbook I remember reading about Automated External Defibrillators which is an item I saw in many places in the Sebo Center. Below is a link to a relatively new Athletic Training Center in Kansas that I found to be somewhat comparable:

http://jcprd.com/parks_facilities/atc.cfm

The following video is about the Student Recreation Center and Athletic Training Center at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio:

One thought on “Sebo Center Reflection

1. davismr
    11:27 pm - 12-1-2010

http://blogs.bgsu.edu/cdobbs/2010/10/18/bgsu-sebo-center-reflection/

Chelsea mentioned she was amazed at how the natural lighting and big windows of the Sebo Center made everything so bright. I to was amazed by this. Although I did not say so in my initial blog post, it definitely made things so much more inviting. If I remember that morning it was pretty cold outside.