Feb
11

Program Statement

Filed Under (BGSU Topics) by on 11-02-2011

Program Statement Eppler Complex

Improvements to Eppler Complex: Redesign the interior to make the entrance into the building more appealing and pleasant, as well as the hallways. When one walks through the complex maze that is Eppler they are lucky to see a window to the outside and when they do it is a small square placed up high. It feels like walking through a jail when you enter Eppler. It is very plain and drab. The lounges they have for students aren’t very comfortable and welcoming either. The layout is just a mess. Try going to an office on the first floor and you’ll notice that a small loop has been carved off the normal hallway with offices inside of this loop. It is very odd and peculiar. I have never once seen a building not for an art center so complex and confusing. Judging by the perception of most students in our TLEP4830 class Eppler is confusing. These are students who frequently use the facility too. If this is the case then a survey should be conducted on a wider scale to all those who have used Eppler before. I am fairly positive that a majority will come back with the results of being complex or confusing. I recommend changing the lighting to LED to provide a brighter yet more energy efficient source. I would also paint the walls a more natural color besides the bland off white/taupe that they currently are. Windows would be a nice addition where possible and also make sure they are large. For the lounges I would put in actual furniture instead of the linked chairs and end tables. It gives the appearance of a seat of ballpark seat linked in a group of 4 with no arm rests or table in front of you. It just is not a welcoming environment. Another possibility would be to open up the offices to feel like more of a wing of the building by removing the center offices that create the loop. A central large desk would be able to fill the void of those offices removed but would create a more open and friendly environment. The mailroom could also be used as an additional office if the mailboxes are relocated behind the central desk. This could even be handled by the secretary at her desk instead of having to leave her small office.

Program statements are vital to a construction project because it lays out the groundwork for what you want to accomplish. It essentially is the blueprint that goes to the designer so that they have some guidelines to follow while putting together what it is you wish to accomplish. This can include ADA compliance codes, lighting requirements, eco-friendly requests, special build requests, etc. Anything and everything you would want to see done needs to be laid out in the program statement.

12 thoughts on “Program Statement

1.   good college essays Says:

It is really right time to follow this. I read everything carefully and do like to say proudly I agree with this. You defiantly did a nice thing. Thanks for everything.

2.   Thomas Shane Says:

Do loved a lot!

3.   300-101 braindumps Says:

There is a reason Western Kentucky University is known as the Hilltoppers. Their campus is built on a large hill that is not too friendly for those who are in a wheelchair.

4.   www.yorukosgb.com Says:

Have you been thinking of joining weight watchers meetings in my
    area (http://www.yorukosgb.com) Watchers but you
    are worried about the amount it costs. A weight watchers points calculator is an excellent tool
    that you’ll be able to use to add inside the nutritional
    facts from food to.

5.   Nashgser Says:

Useful post i like this blog post. The excellent scholarship essays is my writing company. It is providing the writing programs to the college students.

6.   Florida Says:

If you do not want this to happen to your students
    then you must be really careful. This is more apparent
    now that casino gambling no longer necessitates the effort of going
    from one casino to another. Almost anything you
    could imagine can be made into a cribbage board.

7.   Bruce Says:

We hope you have enjoyed this expansive Call of Duty Black Ops multiplayer guide.
    While watching the recent FIFA 2010 World cup Blu-ray, I could see
    where some of the 3D sequences such as the street scenes of the children playing soccer and the staged commentators.
    While the campaign will last you ten hours at the most,
    the Multiplayer can take up days upon days of your life.

8.   diet plans for teens Says:

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyted reading
    it, you happen to be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back at some point.

I want to encourage you continue your great work, have a nice
    morning!

Also visit my webpage: diet plans for teens

9.   google advertising revenue Says:

This is a topic that’s near to my heart… Many thanks!
    Exactly where are your contact details though?

10.   bmx games pc Says:

Michael Simonton has competed on the highest level of competitive bass
    fishing, the Bassmaster Elite Series.

11.   Juan Pablo Says:

Thank you for sharing

12.   agario pvp Says:

ill last you ten hours at the most,

Reply

diet plans for teens Says:
    December 21st, 2015 at 8:15 am
    it, you happen to be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back a