Daily Archives: September 14, 2018

Day 5: 9/12

For this class session, we continued with our presentations. I was up seventh and I was quite nervous about how I would say what I had to say and convey it effectively. Fortunately, thinks went over decently and I have to say, it was nice to see some of my old works again. It actually made me feel like my time spent in school wasn’t a TOTAL waste. I made something, and although it was only a few things, I felt like for a brief moment that I could actually be proud of them. I felt like these works were more dear to me than others especially because they held real connections, relevance, and were representative of me, my race, and my family. For my BFA project, I hope to be able to continue exploring those themes and feelings and create at least 3 well done pieces at the minimum. I’mm trying to decide if I want to make pieces related to my perception of the world through the lenses of my race and/or mental illness, or make a few works dedicated to the sensations i have to deal with  related to dealing with anxiety, depression, and the  Once I draft up my contract and get a schedule together, I hope I’ll be able to get myself started promptly. The pressure is on for sure, but I think I may be on to something.