Client Meeting

So I met with the people at Ronald McDonald House on Wednesday (8.31).  I got to tour the place and figure out what they are about.  It seems there problem is getting the public (Toledo, school, donators, sponsors etc.) aware of what they exactly do.  They want to produce a DVD for the office and at schools. They also want a video for their website.  They just want to address general awareness and awareness about their pull tab donations.

The place up there is really nice.  They have a large kitchen with lots of storage, living areas, kid play areas, and they have multiple set ups for video games as well.  It’s pretty amazing that they run basically all off of donations.  So all in all it was a good meeting and starting point.

Comments (6)

jtamSeptember 3rd, 2011 at 11:14 pm

This sounds like it could be an awesome experience. Being able to work for a well known company/charity can help you out in the long run. If they like what you are able to bring to them you can continue to do more things for them in the future. Good luck with the project!

Amber TuckerSeptember 4th, 2011 at 11:28 am

Glad your meeting went well. Will you be in charge of contacting schools and other places to see if you can work out some awareness ideas for the Ronald McDonald House, like playing the DVD’s at their location and maybe passing out awareness documents and flyers out too? Sounds like this will work out to be a good portfolio piece. Good luck!!

lfugettSeptember 8th, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I agree, this will be a great client to work with and you are also contributing to a valuable cause. I always thought that the pop can tab recycle wasn’t a real contribution, but I was at a Mud Hens game this summer and they were handing them out. We are in the process of still trying to fill it up and now I know it is for an actual cause. I am glad that you are going to help them get the word out.

Stefen SmithSeptember 11th, 2011 at 7:41 pm

What will the video for the Ronald Mcdonald house be about. Will it be just general information about what they do? Or will you have a video that is like a documentary style where you will interview people that have use the services of the Ronald McDonald house.

earlcSeptember 11th, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Yes it is a good cause and the people are so friendly there and it is a nice facility for people. When I met with them, they told me that they actually get like 4 or 5 donations a day. The donations are from people or places that have saved up for a while. They run that place solely off donations it’s crazy!

earlcSeptember 11th, 2011 at 9:56 pm

It will be general information, info about that facility, and how to donate your pull tabs and what it does for them. As far as interviewing people, I may use some people as a testimonial to how their experience was but it’s not a priority.