Advices for my friends

Hi Lily

I had a really wonderful winter break at this time. How about you?

I knew you are going to take ESOL 1000 in Spring semester. So, here are some advices that I think they can help you do well in the spring semester. First, you need to turn homework in everyday which I know you do really well already, so I don’t worry about this part. Second, you must go to class for learning new knowledge, because it has really good information during the class time. For example, the instructor had tell me that life is unpredictable, so we shouldn’t waste it. This class is not only teach how to write an essay. It also tell you useful informations. Third, you need to be aware of academic dishonesty, because it is really serious “crime” in U.S. It is different than Taiwan system, so don’t even think about copy others work, or cheat in the exam.

You had ask me what would I do differently if I take ESOL 1000 again. There is one thing I definitely would do differently which is I will be more serious on the writing. I will double check my grammar, structure, and ideas every time when I finish my essay. The reason I do that it is because I can learn more and more from check one more time. In addition, I still have learn several skill from this class. For instance, I have learn how to build a structure when you are going to write a paper. I think it is really useful skill for myself. You can see my blog post during this semester that I have several places still need to improve. For example, my first post is not as good as my second post. However, my third one is not as good as second one, because I still need to work on checking. I think my grammar still is not good enough, so I will continue working on this area. I have find several website that they have example essays and papers, then I can learn form them.

I’m looking forward to see you in the BG. Hope you will have a good semester in Spring.

About Steven

Wen-Tung Wu is a international student in Bowling Green State University. He is from a small country but is a really beautiful place that people like to call it "Formosa" which mean a most lovely place. It is Taiwan. Wen-Tung prefer people call him Steven as well, because he's high school life is different than traditional Asian. Steven really like to play sport, especially volleyball. In his high school life, he learn how to team work by playing volleyball with his best friends that help Steven create a lot of amazing memory. Right now, Steven want to create his wonderful life and learn new things in BGSU.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.