Corey Whitacre's Blog

Chapter 5
October 1, 2010, 1:41 pm
Filed under: Uncategorized

As I was reading through chapter five there was one point that really stood out to me. It was the professional development being administered through podcast in New Hampshire. I thought that this was a really cool idea as you can complete on your own time. Not only can you complete them on your own time but virtually from anywhere. They also mention a website LearningTimes (www.learningtimes.com) offers a variety of topics and is constantly being updated every day. There are a variety of organizations that offer podcast that you want to hear and can choose from.

It sounds that this area will be developing rapidly. This will allow for more training and development for educators. We can also the educate students on podcast and teach them how to use them to benefit themselves. As we prepared students for the business world podcast is an important component. Businesses are using this method for communication to their employees more and more every day.

Also, I think that blogs are a really useful tool for the classroom and in the business world. It allows for so much communication, networking and collaboration of ideas from the ease of anywhere we have internet access, which is practically everywhere.

9 thoughts on “Chapter 5

1.    pbrunk 10.01.10 @ 1:55 pm      

I really like the website you shared. I think the fact that they offer a variety of professional development podcasts that you can choose from is helpful. You only listen to what interests you. I think teachers will be more likely to be receptive to this if they are guaranteed to only find useful (to their needs) information.

2.    Lauren Miller 10.01.10 @ 7:20 pm      

Along with what Patrick said, I think you hit the nail on the head with teachers being able to complete their professional development on their own time. It is a fast paced world and being able to focus on professional development when it is convenient for you on a topic that interests you would be so much more beneficial than having to sit through a two to four hour seminar when you are tired and uninterested.

3.    Rose Kuceyeski 10.02.10 @ 5:28 pm      

Great point about the self-pace aspect. It’s apparent that technology does offer some alternatives to us for PD. Of course, if you are an auditory learner, podcasts are just for you.

4.    janetn 10.02.10 @ 6:52 pm      

It is so much easier to complete the training when you can do it on your own time, anywhere, and at any pace. For people that are interested in professional development this is extremely helpful! Also, it may encourage people that may have not done it before to actually give it a try.

5.    Ryan 10.04.10 @ 12:18 pm      

Corey,

Excellent points on the chapter when reflecting back about the focal concepts. I also checked out the specific website you described and truly felt it is very beneficial for any educator to read and expand their knowledge. It has so much detail about podcasts and webcasts, and the opportunities that anyone could utilize those specific tools.

6.    frostwire download 11.29.10 @ 11:18 pm      

one can argue that it can go both ways

7.    search engine marketing keyword 09.05.13 @ 12:40 am      

I’m not sure exactly why but this blog is loading incredibly slow for
    me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end?
    I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.

8.    maid of honor speech template 12.15.15 @ 1:42 pm      

Appreciation to my father who informed me about this
    blog, this weblog iss actually awesome.

Also visit my web blog: maid of honor speech template

9.    b6z 10.25.17 @ 10:24 pm      

Are you on instagram?