Research project 3

Research:

For this project, I looked into all different sorts of magazine spreads ranging from ones with writing and small images to ones that had dominate images and little text.  Through searching the three subjects, I found that doing a magazine spread on food was what interested me the most.  I then researched everything I could on magazine spreads with food.  After doing extensive research on the subject I found that I will will be doing a desert spread with mostly pies and cakes.  From the imagery that I have and found on the internet, cakes and pies were the ones that provided the highest and most distinct quality of images.

Images:

Through all of the found images, I like how they all have a white background to them, it makes them easier to cut out and place into my spread.  I really like the one image with the white background fifth from the top.  This image would allow for me to make it a dominant image on the front page of the with text wrapping around it.  For one of my sketches I had a image that was meant for this purpose and I would like to include that in my final image.  A thing that I don’t like about some of the images though is some of them are too dark for the spread.  I think I want to have a warm appeal to this spread and by using some of these darker cake images it may turn away from the subject matter.

Sketchs:

Throughout doing the rough sketches, I found that I liked to have space for writing with medium sized images included throughout the spread.  I think that this gets the point across more than huge images with little writing.  I liked how some of the images I saw online had the first page with a image coming from the inside center to the middle.  I tried to incorporate this into my half sized sketches and hopefully it works out when I try to incorporate it into my final imagery.  I like to keep the title up at the top on the front page even though in my rough sketches I experimented with the placement of the title.  Throughout it though, I only found the top of the page to be the place to include the title. I didn’t like to include having bigger images on the second page then the first.  It seemed to me that this was taking away from the importance of the first page.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.