The Center for Archival Collections is accepting submissions for the Local History Publication Award. Works published between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016 will be accepted.
The Awards Committee will recognize authors for outstanding publications in two divisions. The Academic Scholar Division will include works prepared and submitted by authors who are professional writers or academicians. The Independent Scholar Division will include works prepared and submitted by independent or local researchers, amateurs, and other creative writers who do not claim “history” as a profession. Each Division winner will receive a $300.00 cash award and plaque.
Eligible works must address an historical topic within the nineteen county region of northwest Ohio. Works shall be judged by the Awards Committee on: literary merit, overall significance and contribution to explaining and understanding the history of the region. Consideration also will be given for style and content. Other considerations will include grammar, accuracy, illustrations, layout, indexes, and distribution.
To submit a work, authors should send two copies to the Center for Archival Collections, 5th Floor, Jerome Library, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, postmarked by February 28, 2017. All works submitted become the property of the CAC. For complete information about the award and submissions, please see Guidelines for Submission. For further information, contact the CAC +1-419-372-2411 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The awards will be given for works of either general or specific subject interests (i.e. Native American history, prehistoric, territorial and early statehood, War of 1812, Civil War, business history, women’s history, labor history, family history, historic preservation, rural agricultural history, Great Lakes Maritime (Ohio) history, or biography).
- Any work submitted for the awards must have been copyrighted or published in the past year preceding the year in which the award is given.
- Works shall be judged by the Awards Committee on: literary merit, overall significance and contribution to explaining and understanding the history of the above described region. Consideration also will be given for style and content. Other considerations will include grammar, accuracy, illustrations, layout, indexes, and distribution.
- The Awards Committee and the Center for Archival Collections reserves the right not to present the awards during any given year.
- Authors should send two copies of each work to:
The Center for Archival Collections
Jerome Library, Fifth Floor
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0175The two copies become the property of The Center. Submissions are due by February 28, 2017.
- Works are identified as either published monographs or articles and must be under one cover.
- Textbooks, guidebooks, manuals, craft books, works of fiction, newspaper articles, and genealogies composed principally of genealogical charts are NOT eligible for consideration.