BGSU Libraries has added a number of new databases:
- Women’s Magazine Archive
- Cincinnati Enquirer historical (1872-1922)
- Detroit Free Press historical (1831-1922)
- Additional full-text hearings (2004-2010) in ProQuest Congressional
- S & P Capital IQ (upgrade to S & P NetAdvantage)
We are also running trials to a few databases:
Women’s Magazine Archive and more!
We have purchased the Women’s Magazine Archive! Still in development, when complete (expected by summer 2016), this database will contain the full text of six 20th-century popular magazines targeting women readers and consumers: Better Homes & Gardens (1922-2005), Chatelaine (1928-2005), Good Housekeeping (1885-2005), Ladies’ Home Journal (1883-2005), Parents (1926-2005) and Redbook (1903-2005).
Our purchase allowed us to add three more databases at heavily discounted prices, so we chose to add two historical newspapers through 1922: the Cincinnati Enquirer (1872-1922) and the Detroit Free Press (1831-1922). We also added the full text for Congressional hearings from 2004-2010, which can be found in our subscription to ProQuest Congressional.
A new database for statistics!
This month we also began a subscription to Statista, a database that aggregates statistics from more than 10,000 sources, including market and opinion research institutions and the government, and presents them in downloadable infographics and tables.
A new platform for Standard & Poor’s!
The business resource S & P NetAdvantage is transitioning to the new platform for S & P Capital IQ. The new platform includes our NetAdvantage content (industry surveys, reports, directories, etc.) plus expanded company data and executive directories (including compensation information). Both platforms are currently available through the library’s catalog.
More database trials!
We have three more trials going on now. Please let us know what you think about the possibility of adding these resources:
- HAPI, the Hispanic American Periodicals Index, is an index to scholarly journals covering Latin America and the Caribbean. The index is published by UCLA’s Latin American Institute. The trial is available until February 15.
- Meludia is a tool that uses online games to teach users aspects of music theory. It is beautifully designed and fun to use! Meludia is on trial until February 12.
- PolicyMap is a data and mapping tool and analytics platform that includes thousands of US data indicators; use it to perform demographic and socioeconomic analysis. Available through March 26.