Stacey Rate

ArtsExpose #4

Filed under: ArtExpose — slrate at 9:17 pm on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Arts Extravaganza                           

December 5th at 6:00 pm                   

Art Building            

1.)  Provide a brief detail-oriented technical description or summary of the event you attended.  This section should remain journalistic and should not be reflective of your opinion.

Many clubs come together and have the arts extravaganza. The students work was for sale and families could do various activities such as eating free food, buying pottery, or taking a picture with Santa Claus. Music students were also involved in the arts extravaganza. In three separate rooms, ensembles would play Christmas music for people to watch or to enjoy as they were passing by going to a different activity. A gallery with teachers work from the university was also displayed.

2.)  Use the section below to write a well-structured paragraph focusing on your personal critical insight / response to the event.  How did you interpret or react to what was presented to you? 

I interpreted this as something I might get to do as I get older and higher up in college. It made me realize that some of my work may be displayed and it gave me a sense of accomplishment. Even though I am a freshman, it gave me something to look forward to. I really enjoyed looking at other students work to see what kinds of mediums are available to me being an art major and music minor. 

3.)  What information, ideas, images, etc. most impressed you and why?

What impressed me the most were the vans outside, the ceramics, and the photography. I never would have thought to make vans be a work of art. I always just picture them on the road. I was impressed by the ceramics because anything displayed there was about 100 times better than my little pinch and coil pots. My works were all bumpy and everything was so smooth. There was also very intricate work and everything was beautiful. The photography impressed me the most out of all. I love photography. I always have and I always will so seeing any kind of picture just captivates me and I just look at one picture for 5 minutes. 

4.)  Overall, how would you rate this event (10 being the most worthwhile)?
            (10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 )

I would rate this event a 10. 

I gave this a 10 because it is a great way to show parents what their students are doing in school. They know that their students aren’t just screwing off and they are actually doing something with their lives. It is also a great way to get students involved. I really enjoyed watching the glass blowing, jugglers, and everything else at the arts extravaganza. I would like to be involved in the future.