Stacey Rate

Another amazing bgsu blog

ArtExpose #2

Filed under: ArtExpose — slrate at 8:21 pm on Thursday, October 16, 2008

Jud Yalkut                                   

Thursday October 16, 2008, 11:00 a.m.                 

Bowling Green, OH                      

It’s a visiting art lecture

1.)  Provide a brief detail-oriented technical description or summary of the event you attended.  This section should remain journalistic and should not be reflective of your opinion.

I missed Jud Yalkut talking about his work, but I had the chance to experience his work in the Willard Wankleman gallery. What he does is has multiple images projected onto a screen and has them mesh together into short video segments. They are ordinary everyday things but he makes them interesting by using special effects.

2.)  Use the section below to write a well-structured paragraph focusing on your personal critical insight / response to the event.  How did you interpret or react to what was presented to you? 

How I reacted to what was presented to me was that it made me think more how everyday objects can be made into something extraordinary and intriguing. What he did isn’t something that most people would think of to make into art. I wasn’t exactly thrilled with his works though. I thought that he ink drawings that he did were better than the videos on the TV screens. 

3.)  What information, ideas, images, etc. most impressed you and why?

The information that most impressed me was the way that he did these works. The impressed me the most because it made me remember some of the objects from the different historical times. Even though the way he did this was spectacular, it almost felt as if I was having a seizure. Looking at the the screens for about 30 seconds hurt my eyes and made me dizzy. I don’t think that this was his intent, but other people said that they felt the same way about it. 

4.)  Overall, how would you rate this event (10 being the most worthwhile)?
            (10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 )    I would give this event a 5

5.)  Justify your rating in the question above:

It wasn’t the most amazing thing that I’ve ever seen but it was still interesting enough that it held my attention for a certain amount of time. I like seeing how other artists show their works through different medias because I feel that everybody needs to be well rounded with their art if they truly want to succeed.

4 thoughts on “ArtExpose #2

8

Tattoo Lettering

February 26, 2011 @ 5:33 pm   

Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

10

slrate

December 6, 2011 @ 5:19 am   

I actually don’t know much about that :/ sorry!