Stacey Rate

ArtExpose #1

Filed under: ArtExpose — slrate at 8:33 pm on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Black Swamp Arts Festival              

Friday, September 5th, 2008 at 10:00 p.m.       

Bowling Green State University           

This was an exhibition

1.)  Provide a brief detail-oriented technical description or summary of the event you attended.  This section should remain journalistic and should not be reflective of your opinion.

I went to the black swamp arts festival on September 5th around 10:00 p.m. By the time I arrived all of the artists and photographers had closed up their shops, but the music was still playing and food was still available. The band on stage was Big James and the Chicago Playboys. They played some classic songs such as “Mustang Sally” and couples and friends danced the night away. Their set lasted about a half hour and it was mostly blues.

2.)  Use the section below to write a well-structured paragraph focusing on your personal critical insight / response to the event.  How did you interpret or react to what was presented to you? 

The that I interpreted this event and what was presented to me was that it was a very casual atmosphere where people could go to enjoy music and art without being judged. Everybody that went to the Black Swamp Arts Festival had an interest in the arts somehow whether it was their passion or just a hobby, and it showed.

3.)  What information, ideas, images, etc. most impressed you and why?

I didn’t get to see the artists booths but the part about the music that impressed me the most was how many people had not heard of this band and came to see them anyway. Their music had a very good quality and sound and they played some amazing songs. They were comfortable playing in front of an audience and the people in the band seemed like they were genuine people. They really cared about their music and it showed.

4.)  Overall, how would you rate this event (10 being the most worthwhile)?
            (10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 )This event was a 10.

5.)  Justify your rating in the question above:

Art and music are my passions and the Black Swamp Arts Festival is the perfect event for me. I not only get to look at what other artists are doing, but I can also work on my own techniques and what they do in their work to make myself more successful.