Challenges

Three months gone by in a whiff ! Missing home, missing friends and family, the familiar surroundings , the early morning activity in the house, everyone getting ready for work and the lazy evenings with aromatic smell of dinner preparation .

During the first couple of weeks when I wondered if the excitement of this new life, new place, distant bright future was worth the sacrifice of staying away from things I loved . As I gradually settled  into a regular college life , this feeling of despair gradually evolved into a realization wherein I have started to appreciate everything I had back where I belonged.

Filling the  gap in the two societies  to accept another type of  culture into my daily life.  Adjusting  myself in a new environment, making new friends, accepting different opinions and values, and seizing every opportunity was not easy. Living far from home, even for a short period of time, can be really tough at the beginning. We have to remember that  though all these changes are difficult, but  are necessary to go through to build what I dreamed for- to carve out a bright future out of the excellent education that I am getting .

Now , after these three months have  gone by I realize the major hurdle that I  am facing right from the first day onwards and still trying to beat, is  time management, my Achilles heel. This has totally defeated me, I seem to be running around in circles, on my feet most of the time, running errands and yet I have to strive, to hand in my assignments in time, do my week end cooking and I am constantly lagging behind my chores. Time management is the skill that I have yet to accomplish. It is such a difficult thing for me to manage, possibly because I come from I close knit family where  I would do the house chores for fun, most of the outside responsibilities were shared  by the elders of the family. The only total and absolute responsibility I had was ,my school and studies. Throughout my semester this is one problem I am desperately trying to deal with. I know I shall be a more relaxed and happier when I can do the things IN TIME…..