Ice Arena

I enjoyed the tour of our University’s Ice Arena, but I must say I was not impressed. After examining the flooring and surfaces during the tour, I came to realize that our Ice Arena will is in BAD shape. I know finances are tight, and the Ice Arena is not on the top of the list in regards to renovations or additions, but it seems that since the Ice Arena was built in 1967, not much has bene done at all over those years. I stress the importance of the Ice Arena taking better shape because it is one of the few sports Bowling Green athletics is consistently competitive in, and it is probably the most popular sport around town. I am sure the looks of our arena make many solid recruits choose other schools because our facility just does not compare to theirs. If we had a solid team and the facility looekd nicer for incoming recruits, we would have a contending team and this would help bring in revenue to the program, thus making it a little easier to build renovations. So after all of this ranting, I would say the locker rooms, hallways, lobby, etc has poor efficency and does not meet the recomendations that are required in our text. If the author of our text book came to Bg’s ice arena I am sure he would be appalled.
I think my overall impression of our Ice Arena have already been clearly stated. I would say the only part of the facility I was impressed with was the new lounge for the players, unfortunately this does not affect the fans or people in the community. I was glad to learn on the tour that our guide really wants to make positive renovations, but like most cases, you can only do so much at a time. Future updates are very much necessary, and I hope the Ice Arena continues ot go in the right direction and the “Bring Back the Glory” campaign is achieved, and when I come back years from now, I will see a noticeable difference in the Ie Arena and have a better impression of this facility.

About Robert Giermann

I am a senior at BGSU studying in recreation. I like sports, and doing anything sociable. Please read and enjoy my blogs!
This entry was posted in Ice Arena and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Ice Arena

1. Steve Wagner says:

I think the Ice Arena needs alot of improvements. I like your opinions.