Hello HealthTrip Travelers!
Before you step on the track or treadmill, step into the right shoe. Do a bit of “sole searching” by choosing and wearing the right type of shoe for your chosen exercise, and save yourself aches and pains later. Trying to sneak into a cheap pair of shoesonly puts the brakes on your fitness program in the long run. To add a little bounce to your exercise routine—and reduce your risk of injury—check out these tips for finding the right shoe for you:
- Have both feet measured and sized for the shoe.
- Shop for shoes toward the end of the day when your feet are largest.
- Be sure to wear the same socks you plan to wear when exercising.
- Fit the shoe to the larger of your two feet.
- Select a shoe that provides at least ½-inch of space from the longest toe to the end of the shoe.
- Be certain you can freely wiggle your toes in the shoes.
- Choose a shoe in which the heel grips firmly without slipping or rubbing.
Fun with Fitness – Strength Training 101!
In addition to regular aerobic activity, strength training is a key component of overall health and fitness. Get stronger, leaner and healthier with the attached Strength Training 101 document.
- Confused with logging your Frequent Mover Miles? View the attached sample log for an example of how to log your activity. If you have any questions, contact Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t forget that you have until February 28 to collect as many “Frequent Mover Miles” as possible. Record your miles on your Travel Journal and send your completed log to Taylor at email@example.com by March 1. All travelers who submit their travel log for Aerobiquerque are entered in a raffle for a Heart Rate Monitor! Travelers who earn at least 600 Frequent Mover Miles during the month of February receive two entries.
- Remember to bookmark and check out the Rec Well Wire blog for weekly updates and additional resources to assist you on your HealthTrip journey.
- We have one more exciting activity planned while in Aerobiquerque so mark your calendars for the following excursion. Participating in any of the Aerobiquerque activities helps you earn five additional bonus miles!
Move-It Monday! February 24, 12:15-1:00 PM. Join Falcon Fitness instructor Taylor in Bowen-Thompson Student Union Room 201A for some heart-pumping Zumba! Don’t forget to pack comfortable clothes and fitness shoes!
Freebie Fridays is featuring recipes with edamame this Friday February 21, 2014. Stop by between 12:00 – 1:00 PM in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union lobby by the Information Center to sample the great recipes. See the attached flyer for more information.
Your HealthTrip Tour Guides