Hello, HealthTrip Travelers!
RAISINS, DATES, AND MORE…
Dried fruits are tasty and travel well no matter if you are headed to the office, the gym, or taking off on vacation. These sweet treats can dress up any salad or cereal. Or toss them into muffin, pancake, or cookie recipes to boost the fiber content. Or simply enjoy them solo as a snack.
Join BGSU Dining for tasty samples of different recipes during Freebie Fridays! Stop by Bowen-Thompson Student Union each Friday in April between 12:00 – 1:00 PM on the first floor across from the information desk to check out the free goodies and pick up a new recipe idea or two.
Fun With Fitness
Check out the following options to stay active on campus.
- Move-It Mondays in the Union: Take a short recess break and get energized on your lunch break with a light cardio and tone session or Zumba. Registration is not required. Just come as you are with tennis shoes on or feel free to change into workout clothes.
April 28: Zumba in BTSU 316
May 5: Light Cardio and Tone in BTSU 314
- Free Faculty/Staff Outdoor Cardio and Tone Class: Available through April 30 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:15 PM. Enjoy a 45-minute session of power walking intervals and body toning exercises to improve cardiovascular endurance, strength and flexibility. Meet in the Perry Field House lobby and then head outdoors to enjoy a workout in the fresh spring air! Classes are FREE for all faculty and staff and appropriate for all fitness levels. Pre-registration is required; sign-up now to reserve your spot: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/40055907026954
- On-campus 5Ks: Check out the fun ways to be active with your family or friends:
SAAM 5K and Dog Walk – Saturday, April 26
Show your support for Sexual Assault Awareness Month and get moving in the SAAM 5K & Dog Walk. The 5K race begins at 10 AM and the Dog Walk starts at 10:15 AM. Both begin and end at the Perry Field House and runs through the BGSU campus. Click here for further details and to register: http://www2.bgsu.edu/offices/sa/recwell/wellness/page127179.html
Badges of Honor 5K and Family Fun Run/Walk – May 15 at 6 PM
This 5 K run/walk will honor the heroes who answer the call when we are in need. Our heroes are active or retired rescue personnel and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Activities begin at 4:30 PM and race starts at 6 PM. The course starts and finishes at the BGSU football stadium. For further details, click here: https://runsignup.com/Race/OH/BowlingGreen/StateFireSchoolRescueRun.
- Rack up those miles! Earn one Frequent Mover Mile for each minute of aerobic activity you complete. Plus, add up to one bonus mile per day by completing the Las Veggies challenge. You have until April 30 to collect as many Frequent Mover Miles as possible. Record your miles on your Travel Journal and send your completed log to Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. All travelers who submit their logs during the month of April are entered into a raffle to win a great Las Veggies souvenir! Achieve over 600 miles and earn 2 entries into the drawing.
- Remember to bookmark and check out the Rec Well Wire blog for weekly updates and additional resources to assist you on your HealthTrip journey.
Your HealthTrip Tour Guides