Sandy Wiechman’s Story

Sandy Wiechman, Safe Communities Coordinator – BGSU Recreation and Wellness
Personal Training Client (2015)

It has been hard to break the “no pain, no gain” mentality I learned in the 80’s, but the trainers are very patient and helpful. 
Having been in a sedentary working environment for over 30 years, I had become lazy and didn’t do any form of regular exercise. I would walk, but never push myself to be any better. A prior place I lived had an indoor pool and an exercise area – for free!! Did I use it – heck no!

Having the opportunity to work with the Department of Recreation and Wellness at BGSU was frightening at first, but it has been the BEST thing that has ever happened to me! Everyone is so supportive and encouraging every step of the way on my journey to becoming the “best Sandy I can be”. This has included (includes) healthy eating programs, re-programming my brain to stop every hour and stretch or walk away from my desk, and to ENJOY exercise! Exercise has never been enjoyable for me. It has been hard to break the “no pain, no gain” mentality I learned in the 80’s, but the trainers are very patient and helpful. It is great to be instructed on new techniques to get the most benefit from my workout, and I look forward to hopping on a bike, elliptical, or my favorite, to jump in Andrews Pool with my floatation belt and water weights. Getting to the age where your muscles and joints don’t always agree with how you intend to move, I’ve avoided weight bearing exercises as, let’s face it, it just hurts and doesn’t move that way! Learning about different ways to stretch and target muscle areas with exercise bands for the most benefit has been exciting and produces great results.

The best compliment I can give to Jade and the other trainers at the SRC, is a quote from my doctors, “Sandy WHAT are you doing?? You look great and your numbers are amazing!” There is NO better feeling than that!

I’ve got a long way to go, but I know with Jade’s encouragement and education, I will be the best Sandy I can be!!

LEARN MORE ABOUT PERSONAL TRAINING

PersonalTraining_2015-44 copy
PersonalTraining_2015-24 copy
PersonalTraining_2015-31 copy