Hello, HealthTrip Travelers!
Congratulations to our Pressureburgh winner, Claire Semer, who will be receiving a Weight Watcher’s Cookbook with 260 delicious recipes and other fun wellness goodies.
Off-season fresh fruits and vegetables can sometimes be costly at the store. Purchase fresh fruits and vegetables in season when they may be less expensive and at their peak flavor. Think apples, pears, carrots, and squash for fall. Summer features include tomatoes, green beans, melons, and grapes. Strawberries, lettuce, and pea pods are plentiful in the spring, while oranges, acorn squash, and kiwi are in abundance during the winter.
Check out Eating Well for some tasty recipes showcasing your fresh produce. Recipes for meals like spring pizza and cashew-snow pea stir-fry will tantalize your taste buds while keeping your wallet happy by purchasing in-season produce!
Spend some time shopping at a farmer’s market! A farmer’s market is a great place to purchase locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables as they come in season. To find a farmer’s market near you, click HERE. If you live in the Bowling Green area, mark your calendar for May 21 as the Bowling Green Farmer’s Market kicks off their 2014 season. For more information on the Bowling Green Farmer’s Market, visit their website by clicking HERE.
Fun with Fitness
Fitness Blender has a wide variety of online workout videos, including strength, cardio, and toning workouts. Personalize your search by choosing workouts based on time, intensity, workout type, and equipment available. Visit Fitness Blender by clicking HERE. Let us know what you tried and how you liked it!
Coming Up in Las Veggies
- Move-It Mondays in the Union, 12:00 – 12:45 PM: Get energized on your lunch break with a light cardio and tone session or Zumba. Registration is not required. Just come as you are with tennis shoes on or feel free to change into workout clothes.
April 14: Zumba in BTSU 316
April 21: Light Cardio and Tone in BTSU 316
April 28: Zumba in BTSU 316
May 5: Light Cardio and Tone in BTSU 314
- Free Faculty/Staff Outdoor Cardio and Tone Class: Available April 7 – April 30 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:15 PM. Enjoy a 45-minute session of power walking intervals and body toning exercises to improve cardiovascular endurance, strength and flexibility. Group meets in the Perry Field House lobby and then heads outdoors to enjoy a workout in the fresh spring air! If inclement weather, the class will occur on Eppler South gym track and registered participants will receive this update via email. Classes are FREE for all faculty and staff and appropriate for all fitness levels. Pre-registration is required; sign-up now to reserve your spot: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/40055907026954
- Join BGSU Dining for tasty samples of different recipes during Freebie Fridays! Stop by Bowen-Thompson Student Union each Friday in April between 12:00 – 1:00 PM on the first floor across from the information desk to check out the free goodies and pick up a new recipe idea or two.
- Rack up those miles! Earn one Frequent Mover Mile for each minute of aerobic activity you complete. Plus, add up to one bonus mile per day by completing the Las Veggies challenge. You have until April 30 to collect as many Frequent Mover Miles as possible. Record your miles on your Travel Journal and send your completed log to Taylor at email@example.com. All travelers who submit their logs during the month of April are entered into a raffle to win a great Las Veggies souvenir! Achieve over 600 miles and earn 2 entries into the drawing.
- Remember to bookmark and check out the Rec Well Wire blog for weekly updates and additional resources to assist you on your HealthTrip journey.
Your HealthTrip Tour Guides