header image

Lobby Artwork and Faculty Offices

Yesterday I got a bit of work done on the Wolfe Center lobby and started work on the faculty offices. The lobby of the Wolfe Center will have a large piece of artwork on one wall made of plexiglass that I was asked to recreate in SL. While the artwork is still being made and we don’t know exactly what it will look like, I managed to create a virtual version using images from the proposal.

The actual piece will have a gradient on the plexi, but in order to avoid uploading custom textures I just used different colored transparent prims to create a similar effect.

With this completed, I began work on the faculty offices, which are located in the eastern side of the Wolfe Center. These offices are the last major element that needs to be worked on for ArtsX. In order to keep prim counts low, we are planning to fully model only one or two offices, and have the others just be blocked out since visitors will not have access to them.

I began the building process by blocking out where each office will be on all three sides of the building.

~ by on November 18, 2010 .

5 thoughts on “Lobby Artwork and Faculty Offices

1.   vlc player windows 10 Says:

Every content written in your article is fabulous.Thanks for sharing this

2.   Write Me an Essay Says:

A well-designed and well-decorated lobby can possibly change a generally commonplace minute into an amazing, enduring, and positive experience. Art has a quick and cognizant effect when it draws the eye and enamors the attention of passersby!!

3.   Essayservices.org Says:

I might want to thank you for the endeavors you have made recorded as a hard copy this article. I am trusting a similar best work from you later on also. Indeed your exploratory writing capacities has enlivened me to begin my own blog now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your review is a fine case of it. This extraordinary article has truly crested my advantage. I am amazingly enthusiastic to explore this article…

4.   Cheap & best drones in $200 reviews Says:

Nice share. The way of your presentation is too good. When a BFA student exhibited an artwork that uses the image of a noose, … What transpired was a solo exhibition presented in the lobby of the Visual … a large hallway to first floor studios, classrooms and some faculty offices.

5.   Dhankesari Result Online Says:

That’s really interestinga and helpful. Get your favourite your results and updates online daily about all the results of Dhankesari game.