Feed on
Posts
Comments

More Problem Solving

The clothing group I’m in has been working non-stop on creating clothing to put up in our store, however, we have run into one fundemental problem.  Whenever someone buys one of our shirts and tries to drag the shirt fron the inventory onto his or her body the entire box engulfs the person rather than just the shirt. Originally we were instructed to upload the shirt as a targa. However, the targa clearly wasn’t working. Rather than placing the shirt we uploaded under “clothing”, it placed the shirt under “textures.” On Friday I was trying to figure out a couple different ways to solve this problem. I found that if I clicked on my avatar and “appearance” I could choose the texture I wanted and manipulate it so that it became a shirt my avatar was wearing. Then, I saved this work as a new outfit. Once I did this the shirt saved under “clothing” so that I coupd upload it and place it in the box. This discovery took the better part of the period. Near the end of class I tried to re-purchase a shirt using this method and it didn’t work. However, I was also useing an old box which my have contributed to the lack of activity. I feel my group and I have made steps in the right direction. We are continuing to create clothing and in the meantime I (in particular) am working towards finding a solution to this problem.