Week 5 Dimdim

September 28th, 2009

Wow, I just finished the Dimdim online chat. That was quite the learning experience for me. Even though it started a little rocky, (but not that bad) once we got going we had a nice conversation. There were a few hiccups through out and with my computer jumping back to the top every now and then it made it a little tough to follow the conversation some times.  It was interesting the way the conversation progressed.  First discussing technology, technology in school and then length of the school year.

As far as the twitter experience, I thought it worked well to become familiar with the theorist I was assigned, but it was a little too ‘choppy’ to clearly track the information about the other theorists. I did find some interesting information to use in my other class Principles of Learning Design.

2 thoughts on “Week 5 Dimdim

1. andy stewart
    5:36 am - 9-30-2009

Online collaborating and teaching can work, If you have trust and the right tools.
    I recently tried http://www.showdocument.com – good app for uploading documents and working on them in real-time.
    Most file types are supported and it needs no installation. – andy

2. hermant
    9:58 am - 10-4-2009

Thanks for the feedback Melissa. I thought we ended on a high note and I think that this type of conversation is crucially important to online learning!

I’ve really enjoyed the feedback from the Twitter assignment. Mostly it has been positive but with suggestions for improvements which I appreciate! I’ve been searching for a one-stop-shop third party Twitter solution that would provide filters, finer granularity on settings, etc. TweetDeck does some of what I want but not others.

Regardless of the technology used, you all did a fabulous job of reading, interpreting, and synthesizing your theorists and their theories evidenced by very concise, information filled tweets!