Say ‘cheese’: Interview with BG News photographer Byron Mack

The field of journalism is changing, and that requires people who are used to writing to take up photography and amateur filmmaking.

When I tried to cover my first photography story at BGSU’s Dance Marathon, it was a disaster. Taking people’s pictures and approaching them for permission just felt weird.

Naturally, I felt like this would be a great thing to discuss with a more experienced photographer, and BG News photographer Byron Mack was kind enough to offer his insight as I followed him to the Resident Student Association’s Pancake Bash.

About Bobby Waddle

Bobby Waddle is a third-year print journalism student at Bowling Green State University.
This entry was posted in Main Text and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Say ‘cheese’: Interview with BG News photographer Byron Mack

1. Lemerou says:

Interesting.
    I’m a very shy guy myself and i have to say that even after all these years i still struggle against my shyness when i have to do portrait work.

2. Bobby Waddle says:

Thank you for checking out the site. I hope you have found some of the other stuff here helpful as well. What kind of portraits do you create?