Oct 21

Great job on the VoiceThread debates.  I have been reading up on this topic for quite awhile now, but you exposed me to arguments and research I haven’t encountered before.  You’ve given me quite a bit of new reading material to explore!

Now that the formal debate is over (although you should feel free to add on to the VoiceThreads) and you’re no longer tied to your assigned side, it’s time to process all the arguments and evidence and come to your own conclusions.

Prior to writing your individual blog posts for this week, please take a second look at the VoiceThread postings, browse the evidence shared by each side.

Then, in your blog posts, share (A) your current views (as a result of researching and listening to arguments on both sides) on the real effects on Web use on thinking and learning and (B) potential strategies for learning designers to use to ensure that the products they create are truly beneficial for the learners who use them.

Please also share some reflections on what it was like to try to collaborate with teammates online, your role in your team’s efforts, and any ideas or suggestions you have for making this project even better for future students.

Also, as a reminder, our reading next week is from Edyburn, 2005 on “Universal Design for Learning.”  Frank will be facilitating our discussion next week, and will be sharing some additional tools and resources for you to explore.  Some of the most creative applications of technology in learning to date have come out of this field, so it should be an exciting topic for our course.

See original post on Posterous at http://lrnd6820.posterous.com/voicethread-debate-wrap-up