Karie’s English 207 Blog

Activity 1

1.  My parents and famliy members because they are the ones who taught me to read in the very beginning.  Without my parents, I wouldn’t even be alive.  They believe that I can do anything if I put forth the effort and try to succeed.  Their attitudes are always optimistic, especially when I am being pessimistic. 

2.  My parents again for basically the same reasons.  They believe in me, therefore they want to see me succeed in school and in the future.  Their  attitudes are always going to be optimistic for me as long as I am putting forth the effort to do well. 

3.  Anyone who helped me throughout life could be a potential reader for this approach.  Books I’ve read, toys I played with, my babysitters, all played an ideal part in my beginning learning stages, as well as all the teachers I’ve had and have now.  Most teachers believe we can do anything if we put in the time and efforts. 

4.  I guess for the competition I don’t really know who would be the ideal reader.  I suppose other classmates may have been competition at some points in my schooling and if they were to read it they could relate to what I have to say.  They probably believe they had competition too at least once in their life and feel the same way.

5.  Any teachers I’ve had could be an ideal reader for this approach.  They bring the other side of the story into my side.  If I had bad experiences with them then they could see where I was coming from and compare it to what I was coming from.  They may believe that I am in the wrong, but you never know.  They could end up agreeing with me sometimes.  Their attitudes would probably be somewhat agreeable to mine or feel like they didn’t do their job well enough because I had a bad experience with them.  Teachers probably feel like they failed in their mind when a students’ needs weren’t fullfilled from their teaching.

One thought on “Activity 1

1.    bcottri says:

You have a nice list of sponsors of literacy, Karie. It seems like your parents have been very important in your literacy development. I think your mention of teachers is interesting. Are you trying to think about how you approach teachers as readers? If so, let me suggest that you think about what you want to convince the teachers of/what do you want to show them/tell them? Then how can you best do that? Also, you list interesting sponsors including toys and babysitters and the competition factor between classmates. Nice work here.

Posted February 8, 2009, 7:44 pm #