Speech #4 Blog

I felt that this was my best speech that I have done up to this point in the class.  I had no anxiety during this speech before, during, or after.  I felt like I was very thorough during my demonstration and was able to explain the painting process in a good way.  I felt like my visuals helped aid me in my presentation, they allowed me to better explain the different steps in the painting process.  I also feel like I was able to get the audience involved by asking them a few questions and picking a volunteer to demonstrate how to hold a paint brush properly. 

Even though this was my last speech as for the class, I do think their is always room for improvement.  I feel like I used the things like “um” and “like” a lot.  This is a bad habit for me when I am talking in front of people.  I have a few presentations left this semester in other classes and I plan to try and improve myself through them.  I will take the feedback from the class as well as my professor and try to work on those areas during my next two presentations in those other classes. 

I did feel that this experience with this speech was an overall good one.  I felt confident and felt like I was able to connect with the audience more than any of my other speeches.  I think that each one of my speeches have improved a lot as this semester has progressed.  I can think back to the first one and realize how much this class has helped me.  I would recommend this class to anyone who gets nervous talking in front of large groups of people.