Brandon’s IPC blog

April 13, 2009

Chapter 15 speech over persuasion

Filed under: Uncategorized — sbrando @ 1:56 pm and

Last Wednesday my group gave our last group speech over chapter 15 that deals with persuasive speeches. For this speech we had to meet a lot outside of class to get our speech well prepared. In our first meeting we divided the chapter into four different section in which each of us were going to talk about. I was given the last part of the chapter which went over the materials of organizing speeches on questions of policy. We then went our separate ways and made a PowerPoint for our part of the speech and sent it to Imani where she meshed them all together so they were all the same. I feel like the PowerPoint was very presentable, with a good amount of material that was straight to the point. 

I think that this speech should have been easy for every one’s group as long as they knew their material and met with their groups to get the speech well organized. I didn’t enjoy this speech as much as our toast speech because with our “toast” we got to have fun with it. The reason I feel that was is because this speech was more serious and academic. 

Overall I feel like we did do a good job on this speech, we did have to kind of cut it short because of the time limit, but I would rather have the speech go longer than shorter. We were able to fit all of our material in the speech, but I do feel as our conclusion to the speech was weak, and could’ve been better if we were not running out of time. I am now looking forward in giving my last speech over how to fish, because it is something that I enjoy and I really want to show the class my knowledge on the sport of fishing.