Ch1 Thoughts.

When reading the first chapter of “Coming of Age in Second Life” I thought it was really interesting how the author focused on the merging and similarities between Second Life and actual life. It is cool how you can make a whole world for your avatar..whether it is exactly like you are in real life, or create an entire new existance in Second Life. The author discusses how the Second Life characters have “real” jobs and and money and responsibilities that a person would have in the real world. I didn’t realize that it was so realistic, i kind of saw it as a game or something like that. The first time i saw anything about Second Life was on an episode of “The Office” and I basically just laughed at it and saw it as something like Dungeons and Dragons or something (maily because Dwight was on it). After reading what it involves it’s actually very interesting how it is so realistic and a new take on social networking. It is also interesting how the more you use Second Life the more your avatar grows into a better developed character. I think after reading all of this it’s going to be very interesting to see how my Second Life character develops throughout the semester.

Pages

Categories

Links

Meta

Calendar

July 2024
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  

Most Recent Posts