Wednesday, November 30th, 2011

I think the best way to become a better writer is to practice. This class has helped me to practice writing a variety of papers and improve my writing. One of the best parts of the class is having feedback on my writing whether it is from Mrs.Schaffer or a peer. Hearing someone’s opinion is […]

From taking this class the thing I appreciate learning about the most is creating a counter argument. In high school I understood the structure of a basic paper but somehow my teachers left out the part about a counter argument. So I am very glad that I learned this. I noticed that my introductions improved a lot […]

When I first started this class I did not think I was a very good writer. Although I haven’t passed many papers, I truly believe I have made a great improvement since I started this class. I can now write a paper pretty much arguing anything and I know how to address a counterargument. Not […]

Well, it all started when I was a kid. I always used to get A’s in english class. Someone told me an A in english was for girls, and now I can barely pass a paper. I learned a lot from this semester because I could not pass a paper. After awhile I started to […]

I learned a lot about writing while in this class. I learned that it is very important to address a specific audience that you are writing to. Also before this class i did not know how different argument papers were from other papers i have done. I did not know anything about a counter argument […]

When I first started this class I focused mostly on the restrictions of writing and the rules of essays. Now I understand that there is more leniency and options, as well as different ways to organize and write papers. I have learned how to write better thesis statements and use facts and examples to support […]

I have learned that doing a paper the night before is never good for my writing. I have the feeling of being rushed, and I do not do as well as I should. I do believe that my writing has improved over the time of the course, but I know I am not a scholar […]

After going through this class I definitely believe that I have become a better writer, but still have room for improvement. I am more comfortable with the use of commas and semicolons, and feel that I am now able to distinguish the difference. I have also learned how to organize my papers in a more […]

When I first began GSW, I thought that I was a good writer. I believed that I could write almost anything and that I knew what I was doing. I wouldn’t say I was over-confident, but I was really thought I knew what I was doing. Little did I know that my wit and what […]

When I first started this class I used to just write essays in about 3 hours to get them over with last minute. I also thought I was a pretty decent writer since I had such an amazing teacher in high school but I have had to change a lot of my writing skills for […]

learning how to use effective counter arguments and how they strengthen your paper and your support. I am much better at developing a thesis and using that thesis to guide myself through my paper.

At the beginning of the year i had a lot of issues finding problems in my essay and correctly fixing them. This semester i learned a lot about revision and how to budget my time so that im not rushing to write essays the night before. It was interesting to focus on audience because ive […]