Washington Post Hurricane Sandy Twitter Coverage

November 6, 2012 Devonice Gordon

I decided to cover the Washington post on their coverage for hurricane sandy and it wasn’t the brightest idea I’ve ever had. The Washington Post Twitter was filled with mostly political articles, which I should have known would be the case. Furthermore, there were still some articles about it posted to twitter that I would like to elaborate more on. There was one particular article that stuck out and it was about a good Samaritan going out in the storm to help a friend change a tire. The tire would not release from the bottom of the vehicle and when he tried to go underneath to get it, the call fell down off the jack. This is a good story because it shows heroic individuals in a time of tragedy and how we all come together no matter what during them. Another story that stuck out was a about the death toll in the Caribbean islands and Haiti was struck the hardest. There was too much flooding and over 70% of the crops were destroyed and 52 people died! This is sad because of the tragedy with the earthquake that caused so much devastation in the near past. Haiti has suffered a lot in the past couple of years and Sandy did not help matters. Still, I was happy to be informed on this matter and the Washington Post did a good job doing so. The last article that really out to me was how the storm could cause election problems for Pennsylvania, not only is that serious but also makes me think, there are way more important things to discuss as it pertains to Sandy and America. Although there was an over-abundance of political articles, the Washington Post still did a good job covering the storm. They provided updates of deaths from the Caribbean to the American States. They tracked the storm to help people see where it was headed and how strong it would be and they provided many pictures for the public to see. Overall, this storm was another obstacle for America and the world to suffer but from what was covered on the Washington Post twitter and many other news sites, everybody did their part to ensure the recovery of America in this time of need.

Entry Filed under: Uncategorized

12 thoughts on “Washington Post Hurricane Sandy Twitter Coverage

1. 1. Lelio Vieira Carneiro  |  July 30, 2017 at 11:02 am

Wow, this article is fastidious, my sister is analyzing such
    things, thus I am going to tell her.

2. 2. chocolate  |  January 25, 2018 at 10:22 am

Hеllo there! Woulɗ you mind if I share your bⅼog with my twitter group?
    There’s a ⅼot of folks that I think would really appreciate
    your content. Please let me know. Сheers