Twerk Team does Damage

October 23, 2012 Devonice Gordon

I recently had a conversation with a co-worker and was disappointed about what I heard. Her 16-year-old daughter and friend posted a video to YouTube of them dancing. Not just any kind of dance but ‘twerking’. I automatically knew what influence them to do this, The Twerk Team. The Twerk Team is a group of three girls who post videos of themselves dancing to the latest hip hop hits but you can never see their face because their rear-end are the stars of the show! These girls were an instant hit and now star in main stream music videos, award shows, concerts and many other events. I can admit to liking them but only for entertainment. What I disagree about is their influence on younger generations. Twerking is basically stripping without taking your clothes off but women do it half naked anyway so that doesn’t really matter. Teenage boy’s love them so teen girls want to be them! There are a bunch of Twerk Team parody videos on the internet and most of the girls aren’t even old enough to vote! The biggest disappointment was when my co-worker confronted her daughter; she didn’t feel like anything was wrong with what she had done! “Everybody is doing it” she said! We need to be more conscious about what we put into the minds of children because they are easily influenced. We need to spend more time educating them so that they can see videos like these as pure entertainment. If we don’t, they will idolize these women and we won’t have a generation of doctors and lawyers and ceo’s, but we’ll have a generation of strippers and video girls willing to sell themselves for money and fame. In this day and age, you can get famous for anything and this generation is headed in the wrong direction!

Entry Filed under: Uncategorized

12 thoughts on “Twerk Team does Damage

1. 1. สล็อตออนไลน์  |  February 8, 2018 at 8:23 pm

I like the helpful information you provide in your
    articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.

I’m quite certain I’ll learn plenty of new stuff right
    here! Good luck for the next!