Peer Review/Interview

November 1st, 2011

Today in class we had our interviews with the people whom we wrote about in our paper. I interviewed Lauren and Ginny, and was interviewed by Mike and Devan.

Lauren & Ginny:

I asked them to be more specific with their topic, and they said it was now the effects of smart phone usage on the college campus; pros and cons. They just narrowed down their topic recently (after my paper was written). Lauren gave some examples of pros and cons, like checking weather, email from a professor, etc. but some cons being texting and driving, texting in class, basically the phone being a distraction. Lauren gave me the reason why the topic was chosen which was since smart phones are popular on campus, and just recently became available, they wanted to find out the effects of these phones. Ginny went into detail about their research techniques which included interviewing and observation. My suggestions for them was to narrow down their topic, which they already had done, and to begin researching articles, which Ginny had already began.

Mike & Devan:

When being interviewed by these two I had to explain my research topic since it was recently narrowed down to the privacy available on facebook. Both of their suggestions to me was to blog more. But, they said that my blogs were very detailed and were easy to understand.

From interviewing and being interviewed, I now have more of an idea of how to go about conducting my research f