Observations 2

September 20th, 2011

Over the weekend, I observed a guy friend of mine get on Facebook. He has a girlfriend who goes to a different college than him. They try to stay in contact as much as possible. But when he gets on Facebook, he checks his own notifications, then immediatly goes to her page to see what she’s been posting. It is another way in their relationship to stay connected, over the distance.

I realized that people use Facebook not only to catch up on previous relationships between family, friends, etc., but they use it to keep their relationship going. Families use it to keep in contact with relatives far away, as well as friendly relationships. Facebook is a way to keep your social life going, it mixes in with “real” social life and social networking sites social life.

One thought on “Observations 2

1. facebook at school
    4:05 am - 3-2-2012

I’d like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this website. I’m hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal site now 😉