Readers Response 9/20

After carefully reviewing each prompt, I chose to write about the first prompt.  The first prompt is about the plagiarism issue.  It raises the question on whether or not plagiarism-detection tools are relevant or beneficial.  The reason i chose to elaborate on this prompt is simply because it stuck out to me the most.  It seemed very relevant as far as the issues in schools today and it is a very important topic.  I am going to argue that plagiarism-detection tools are very beneficial to all schools.  I believe that it will directly propel students efforts because they are going to be forced to critically think in there writing classes without plagiarizing from any outside source.  To prepare myself for this essay i plan to do some research on the topic, rewatch the part of the in-class video that elaborated on the issue, and spend an efficient amount of time writing and planning my thoughts and arguments for the essay.  My essay will include an argument, counterargument, and extensive reasons for both.  Overall I think it wil be a very intersting essay to write.