When did it get to be April?

Ummm, April of 2022?

I know I’m kind of a busy guy. I teach seven classes a year, about 200 students, a mix of graduate and undergraduate. I teach across the BGSU School of Media and Communication, which means in any given semester I could be teaching advertising, public relations, media studies or “regular” communication (such as organizational communication.)

I started this blog with full intent to treat it just as I did my previous one (sadly not available anymore…) That meant a couple of posts per week, commenting on #PRMeasurement and research, plus covering events like the International PR Research Conference, where I serve on the Board of Directors. (I know it’s an old picture.) I’m also the 2022 Chapter President of PRSA NW Ohio, serve on three committees within our School, plus join the Faculty Senate Committee on Professional Affairs next month (name’s not on the site yet), plus am wrapping up service on the search committee for the new Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.

I should be more active in AEJMC, the Central States Communication Association, and some kind of local not-for-profit. And I still have a client or two.

Excuses, all! Sleep? Fuggedaboudit.

Seriously, though, I know part of my job is coordinating our online master’s program, and that means marketing, with no budget, no staff and a recently crowded marketplace. Sounds like fun, right?

Well, truly, it is fun. I love it here. We’ve settled in here, and despite the obligations, I really adore the work and the people. Now that Auntie Covid is growing weaker and more wan, maybe we can really get ourselves involved.

In the meantime, Thank You for reading, and I promise to be more pithy and active as the weeks proceed.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.