CD insert

For my CD insert I want to do the song RESPECT by Aretha Franklin. This song has two different version, but I feel as if this version is better suited for what I am trying to accomplish. Franklin’s version is a declaration from a strong, confident woman who knows that she has everything her man wants. She never does him wrong, and demands his “respect”. Franklin’s version adds the “R-E-S-P-E-C-T” chorus and the backup singers’ refrain of “Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me…”

Below are the thumbnails and comp ideas that I have for me project.

For the CD inserts I in vision many different things, but some of things that I see are big bulkier fonts of little excerpts of the lyrics of the songs

For color and contrast I want to make all the images back and white and have brighter bolder font colors to give the CD cover a little bit of an older feel since the song is an older song. This images kind of the idea that I am thinking in my head for the cd insert.

For images I want to show respect, but it many different forms. So the images I have below are some examples of what I consider to be respect.

Over all I kind of just want to do a collage of images with the background black and white and the font in a bright kind of color. Hopefully I am able to follow through with my idea.

This entry was posted in VCT 4600. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to CD insert

1. London gal says:

I really like your thumbnails They seem to reflect effectively both your images and ideas.

2. Stewart Hornton says:

Aretha Franklin’s “Respect” is a loud message coming from a self-confident and brave woman, ready to do everything to be happy. The idee to separate the letter of the word “R-E-S-P-E-C-T” intensifies the powerful meaninig of the message.

Removal Office