Child Book Poster

The book that I choose to use was Harold and the Purple Crayon. The plot of this story is a curious four-year old boy who, with his purple crayon, has the power to create a world simply by drawing it. The brand of this book is the purple crayon. I think it is a really important aspect of it. The content of this book is creating a world that does exist simply by using a crayon. The function of this book is creating a poster that is kid friendly and that they can relate to.

Listed below are the thumbnails that I have created.

I think for my final poster I am going to do a city scape with a moon and a little boy with a purple crayon. The main color of my poster is going to be purple and black I believe. I am going to try and make it look as much as an illustration as possible with using photos.

In the book, the city and the moon are very symbolic because the little boy draws a city and all these windows looking for his bedroom window. And the half moon is the first thing he draws when he starts his journey. This is why I have chose to add it into my poster.

Listed below are some of the images that I am considering using unless I can find something better to use.

I really wish that we could use illustrations to make the effect I going for to work a little bit better. But since we have to use images these are some of the ones that I plan to use minus Harold himself. I am still looking to put in a boy that is not a illustration to get the effect I am looking for.

For the font on the poster I plan on using something similar to the chalk font. The poster needs a crayon effect I think that font will do that for it. On my poster I think I want to put a punch line of something that says ” Create the world you have always dreamed of.” I feel like that statement captures what the book is about.

This entry was posted in VCT 4600. Bookmark the permalink.