Ashley Siefker’s English 207 Blog

The Values of the Final Project

Your final project in this class asks you to either re-see or re-imagine a particular literacy/skill or you re-see the presentation of your resume. Aside from fulfilling an assignment, what value do see in such an activity? In other words, if you’re focusing on exploring re-seeing your literacy, why do you think there is value in demonstrating your literacy and then reflecting on it? If you’re re-seeing/re-presenting your resume and reflecting, where is the value in the method you chose to re-present your resume?

This assignment asks us to spend time thinking about a specific type of literacy and how it effects us and how it may be used in our futures.  It also asks us to consider the rhetorical choices we make in presenting our projects, to reflect on the role literacy plays in our current and/or future professional life, and to explore the role literacy plays in our lives.  I am re-presenting my resume through the VirtualCV website that was shown in class and I think that it is important because it is another way to show employers your skills in action, and it also can save some paper. 

2 thoughts on “The Values of the Final Project

1.   yoderd Says:  #1

I considered doing assignment number three, But was more comfortable simply writing a paper. I do think it is a really cool idea for getting your name and resume out there to people. IT reflects your ability to use technology by creating a page for your resume. It sounds like you have a pretty good grasp on what this assignment ask of you and I think that you’re defiantly on the right path.