Ashley Siefker’s English 207 Blog

Visual Narrative Feedback

Using the feedback you received in class today, write a blog post (250 word minimum) reflecting on what you think you will need to do as you move forward with your visual narrative.

For out peer review day we shared our ideas with each other and learned that we all plan on having a similar format for our narratives…PowerPoint seems to be the format of choice!  To get to the final product the biggest things I have to do is get everything on the PowerPoint slides and getting all the pictures I need.  Once I get this down it should not take very long to get the colors, animation, and other final touches in place.  However, my biggest concern and/or fear is that I am underestimating the amount of time that these finishing touches will actually take. 

The feedback I got in class was positive.  The ideas I had were liked by the others in my group.  Since we have been talking about this assignment in class I have been making a list of the different literacies and that has helped a lot.  I also went through and answered the questions on ‘Literacy Prompts’ on Blackboard.  These questions have pretty much as done the assignment for me in terms of ideas and where to go with this assignment.

In terms of how I want the assignment to look, I just want it to represent me.  I want to do this by using bright colors and fun fonts.  I do not want the class to be board while watching the presentation.  If your audience is board then they are getting none of the message(s) that you are trying to relay to them.  Overall, I think that the assignment will turn out well!

11 thoughts on “Visual Narrative Feedback

1.   bcottri Says:  #1

I’m gad you seem to feel confident about this project, and I think it’s wise to be a little concerned about how long the finishing touches will take. I often am surprised by my expectations for the time a project will take and then the actual amount of time the project takes. If you have questions as you’re working on this please let me know.