annef's blog

October 18th, 2010

Chapter 6

Posted by annef in Uncategorized    

Chapter 6 focused mainly on new technologies and meshing them with the classroom effectively.  Students are sometimes more familiar with newer technologies than most teachers.  Obviously because we are going to be technology teachers it is our responsibility to be just as up-to-date on new technologies as our students.  In fact, I think we should be looking at the technologies that most would not think could be used in the classroom and find a way to work it into the class.  For instance, you would not think of Twitter as a tool in a classroom setting, but we use it in the class and I think it is one of the most creative uses of technology I have seen in college.  They also spoke about how businesses use technology in creative ways.  As business education teachers I think it would be a great idea to format your classroom website in a business website format.  It helps keeps your students in the mindset of the business world and is also a creative way to get them to interact on your website.

4 thoughts on “Chapter 6

1. Another important point is the leadership and how it advances or not the use of the technology in the schools. I like the idea of formatting like a business website. What program would you use?

Rose Kuceyeski — October 18, 2010 @ 2:24 pm   Reply