Parallax scrolling first.
If you missed my last post, here are the details about Parallax Scrolling & Facebook. So the parallax scrolling is working like a charm on Facebook and I made a testing Facebook page for my co-op company. Everyone loves it so far that know about the project and see it coming along. We are almost finished with it, but before it is completely live we have to wait for some people to give it the final go ahead.
I’m hoping within 2 weeks it will be given the final okay and pushed live to our Facebook site, once it is I will follow-up a post with a link to it for everyone to see. I’m super excited for it, especially because 95% of it was designed and developed by me. The other 5% was mainly just feedback and minor changes I had to do.
Now onto my client.
I had some conversations with my client, back and forth through email. She was out of town for the past week (Vegas!) so I didn’t get a chance to meet with her. I sent some websites for her to look at with some directions we could go for her company’s. Then tomorrow (friday) we are meeting to discuss what she likes and doesn’t like about some of the examples I sent her and we will decide how she would like hers to be laid out so I can start some mock-ups!
This client is more current with the web, however, in the past I’ve had a client who was out of touch with what the web could have on it. The websites they liked and wanted me to mimic looked like they were designed in 2000. After I showed them some example websites on the web and showed them different styles, moveable areas, “web 2.0” design, etc they immediately liked what I had shown much better.
I feel that it’s best to show the client as much as possible and help them explain what can be done, should be done and what to avoid. Most clients seem to only know they want a website, but after that it’s up to us as web designers/developers to give the client the best solution as possible and explain to them the trends and why certain things work and others do not.
More to come after the meeting and once I start some mock-ups!