I finally got GoDaddy to behave and got WordPress installed. I had to do it manually because their “Quick Install” I tried on Monday and it still hasn’t installed, so last night I got it installed manually without a problem. So at least I had no problems after I decided to do it myself.
I began some minimal coding and a lot of slicing of the design/images so it’ll be faster to code when I already have everything available. I will post more progress later and hopefully I can have the theme completed done by this weekend where anything else left do to would be just content. At least that’s the goal!