Notecard for my art piece

The piece of chose to use is called “Starry Night” by Vincent Van Gough. I don’t know why but ever since I was a little kid I have been obsessed with this one piece of art. I don’t know if it’s the way the different shades of blues’ and purples’ are swirled together. It might even be the way that the yellows pop in the dark colors. Whatever it may be the piece has definitely had a major influence on me and has touched me since the first day I’ve seen it.
This art piece was created by using oil on a canvas in 1989. Vincent Van Gogh painted this piece of art while he was in the insane asylum. He was simply looking out his window and drew what he seen. He seen the plain night skies along with the one tree he had view of outside his window. When he drew this piece it was thought that he was in a stage where he was much in need of a religion. He looked outside as seen the stars and the night and he wanted to show people a view of the nights and stars as if they were alive. He wanted to show the pieces as being alive because he wanted to show that god is alive and he is there. However, many people still question if he was just high hallucinating the day he created this .
For my piece of art I will do the same as Van Gogh and simply look at a landscape or even an idea and try to bring it to life as he did. I will use a lot of very similar things how he did. I want to use a lot of different blue shades as well as purples. The most important part of my art work, however, will be the way I use long lines the way that Van Gogh did. I will not be painting my piece of art however, I am horrible at painting and I feel I will make a better interpretation of what I am trying to do if use oil pastels on paper.
Van Gogh Finished