Perry Field House Tour Reflection

I thought the tour of the Perry Field House was insightful and a nice experience. I have been to the field house multiple times as a student here, and it was nice to go inside some rooms I have never seen before and hear a brief history about the facility. For being built almost 20 years ago, I think the field house is still in very nice condition and is an attractive facility that may draw in future students. One area that met my expectations was the overall use of the field house. I was glad to see both NCAA, club, and intramural sports are all used on a daily basis in the field house, including high school event as well. I think this takes pressure off of the Stroh Center and other sporting facilities around campus to try and manage all of these teams. There is more than enough room to support an event with a large enough crowd to view what is going on as well. The facility seems to have enough staff on hand to help assist and clean up after each event, helping make this facility an attractive place to come and view sporting events, and to also draw in other events that will help make the field house and university money. I think it is a great idea to hold other events other than sports when the times are open, giving out a name for the facility as well an earning extra income.
One of the areas that did not meet my expectations was the lack of room for much of the equipment. I think this decreases the overall look of the field house by having much of the wreslting and gymnastics equipment stuffed in the corner around the track area. I know room is limited, but it would be nice if that equipment found a place of storage to possibly make more room for other events, and be less of a distraction to the facilties audience members during an event. I do not know of any short-term resolutions to this, but in the future, if funds are adequate, making one more storage space as cheaply as possibly for the equipment around the track would be alot better in my opinion. Other than the lack of storage space, I really enjoyed this tour and am excited to see renovations to the field house in the future, and to hear about the positive direction that this facility plans on heading.

About Robert Giermann

I am a senior at BGSU studying in recreation. I like sports, and doing anything sociable. Please read and enjoy my blogs!
This entry was posted in Field house. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Perry Field House Tour Reflection

1. When going on house tours it’s better to lessen your expectations to avoid being upset. Think about it, you might get a big surprise.

2. Shane Adams says:

Wish I could’ve joined this house tour. I saw the pictures and the renovations were way better than before. =)