Andrew Kuebeck’s Personal Training Story

I work in the Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing Department of the School of Fine Arts. I have been an Instructor there for three years. Because of my busy teaching schedule as well as the sedentary nature of jewelry making, I found that I really didn’t have any time to work out and began to notice an effect on my body. Each year I give myself a goal to attain, and this year’s was to return to my pre grad school weight as well as becoming more fitness literate. I am also turning 30 this year, and wanted to be sure that I incorporated fitness into my lifestyle.

I became aware of the Personal Training program through the Marketing and Communication televisions around campus, and thought that it would be a wonderful program to participate in. Because of my time off from fitness, I wasn’t entirely sure what my physical limits might be. I thought that having a trainer would allow me to re-enter physical activity as well as provide me with someone to keep me on track and teach me new things. I have been thrilled by the result of my participation with Stephanie Fletcher, my personal trainer.

Each session is fun, educational, and geared to my own needs. I always feel like I am accomplishing things that I didn’t think I could do before. I have lost 13 pounds and dropped two pant sizes since I started working out with Stephanie this semester, and am now only 3 lbs. away from my pre grad school weight. I have been amazed by the results I have attained by just spending 1 hour a day being more active at the Student Recreation Center.

LEARN MORE ABOUT PERSONAL TRAINING