One thought on “Critical Pedagogy

1. raguito
    4:02 pm - 3-17-2012

Lyndsy, I really enjoyed reading your understanding of Green’s article … it seems to be easier than my article.

We grew up with belief that ‘it takes a village to raise a child’. I can recall one of our previous Ministers of Education tried to bring this back when she was in power between 2005 and 2009, as she saw many changes in our society – family structures, students, schools, many were of great concerns.

The question is, how do we get a group of people to share, believe and follow through on the same common goals “for the sake of the children / for their benefits?”

The autobiography that I’m reading, is finally working in a school where all the teachers care about one thing – the students and the students learning. However, he has faced the same issue of working with other colleagues of all the schools he has worked, to NOT be on the same page of common goals. How does an administrator ensure that his/her staff embrace firmly, the school’s goals? What does one do when they let go?