The LLC has added the following new equipment to its facilities:
1) 42” 1080p LCD TV monitor
2) HD webcam for 720p HD video conferencing
3) Top-loading self-powered USB hub (for the instructor computer)
4) Epson Perfection flatbed scanner with film adapter
5) Aiwa PAL/MESECAM VHS player/recorder
6) Elgato video digitizer
7) Panasonic audio tape transcriber
In addition, the LLC has acquired from ITS 5 gently used MACs and 5 used (but still very good) PCs.
The new equipment is/will be used for such purposes as multi-media language teaching material development, HD video conferencing, playing VHS videos and DVDs, facilitating language research, etc.