A lot of instructors have contacted me about using vlogs (video blogs) in their language class. It is actually really easy.
- First students have to create a video. This can be done using a program like iMovie (which all of our computers in the LLC have. (Directions on how to use iMovie)
- The student chooses to write a new post. In their post, when they want to link their video, they click on the Add media of their blog editor.
- Click on the Choose Files to Upload and find the file from their computer.
- Fill out the information (Title, Caption, etc).
- Then click Insert Into Post.
>>>iMovie 08 also will upload directly into YouTube, which is a nice feature. So, if a student has a YouTube account, they can upload the video directly into their YouTube account. Then, they can use the HTML editing option to copy and paste in the embedding code (provided in YouTube).
And here is an example of inserting a blog that I’ve first posted on Youtube