10 steps for Educators new to Twitter = reasons

Using Blogs as Part of Your PLN =Tips and Thoughts for Beginner Bloggers

Twitter HashtagsAll About Twitter Hashtags

Here is a video from the Web 2.0 Blog – comical

These are hand picked posts from the blog I have been following recently. The material I’ve linked you to above pertains directly to what the class has been exploring/developing. Some basic knowledge along w/ some very provoking thoughts that make you consider the pros and cons of Internet tools and online society.

At the bottom of the “Hashtags” link, there are hashtags offered to you that you might be interested in as resources!!!! Check them out!

I have not seen the video before, however, the blog suggests that different people react differently to technology. Sometimes not necessarily what you would expect either. Some people jump right in (like the couple in the video) and some people are afraid they might break something and leave it alone. The post suggests, along the same lines in our Diigo discussion, that we (as educators) should not be afraid to let the students “play” and explore w/ the ipads – even though it took a great deal of Title 1 money to get them!!! Just as we are exploring in this program, we should use much the same method, to a degree, with our own students in the earlier years of education.

The link that discusses blogging has some general information about etiquette w/ blogging and the general benefits for developing skills from blogging.

This blog would be very helpful for educators who are looking for ideas that will better develop their methods and offer optional tools that can be used in the classroom. It also has technology meshed, equally, within the content.

A short Bio about the blog owner Seven Anderson: Steven Anderson is the District Instructional Technologist for a school system in Winston-Salem NC. He works with the schools and administration to help develop the use of technology within the schools. He started teaching in 2003 and has covered a great deal of ground in the profession of education. I have to say, reading his bio really gave me an admiration for his continuous success. He also has given presentations at numerous conferences and received awards from various areas in the world of technology. With a current Master’s degree in Instructional Technology, Steven is currently working on adding a Licensure in Administration.
Read More…. Steven Anderson

The Web 2.0 Blog can be found to your right in the lower portion of my blogroll.

One thought on “Following Web 2.0 Classroom Blog..

1. ceby said:

I saw that video on television yesterday. It is comical and does say a lot about how we learn. Like the couple in the video, I usually “jump right in” and read directions later (when I can’t figure things out on my own). Most of the time, I find that I need some help and Google is usually my first choice for finding the answers.