PR 20/20 is looking for a summer inbound marketing / PR intern >> http://www.pr2020.com/team/careers/internships.
I’ve included a few high-level details below:
• Deadline to apply is April 15 (application is via the link above).
• This is a paid internship, open to both undergrads and recent / soon-to-be grads.
• Hours are 8-5 p.m., M-F. PR 20/20 is an agency located in downtown Cleveland (next to the Q arena).
• The intern will assist with normal day-to-day client work, just as any other entry-level associate.
• Some responsibilities include blogging, news releases, social media writing, media pitching, persona / foundational campaign development and more. Past interns have also had the opportunity to work face-to-face directly with clients, which is a huge plus.
Posted in Internships ,Study and Learn April 10, 2017
We have participated in the PR intern program with BGSU for the last several years. We have been awarded a VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America) program for the upcoming year, beginning July. One of the roles that we are recruiting for is a Marketing/Social Media/Community Outreach position. This is a unique program for people to gain some professional experience. I will include our “job description” below. The living allowance isn’t great – only about $12,000 – but there are some other benefits. The members get a cash or education award upon completion of their service to pay off student loans or continue their education. They also get non-compete eligibility status for federal jobs for one year, so if someone is thinking about that as a career that’s an awesome path. These are full-times positions, but the member can go to school as long as it doesn’t interfere with their service.
In addition to this role, we are recruiting for a business operations VISTA. We have filled our opening for program evaluation. All of these roles should be currently posted with BGSU, but this is a complicated process and if you have a student who might be interested, please have them call me at 419.725.2506 and I’ll be happy to talk with them about this opportunity.
Please share this as broadly as possible.
VISTA ASSIGNMENT DESCRIPTION
VISTA is the national service program that works to eliminate poverty. The first VISTAs began serving in 1965 in the migrant farm worker camps in California, the hollows of eastern Kentucky, and the inner city of Hartford, CT. Since then, more than 180,000 VISTAs have served throughout America to expand the capacity of homegrown efforts to address community challenges.
As a VISTA serving with the Dental Center you will:
Help increase community knowledge of the Dental Center to create oral health access for underserved patients, and aid other social service providers in meeting the healthcare needs of their clients. Build the capacity of the Dental Center by developing sustainable models and modes of communication and providing valuable community education of Dental Center programs and services.
Member will assess the current state of Dental Center communications, specifically with regard to social media and take steps to improve, enhance and extend current efforts and for the creation of new outlets.
Activity: 1. Review the current social media platforms such as the Dental Center website and Facebook. a. Create a marketing plan that includes both current and new social media outlets to engage a variety of audiences, including patients, employees, and donors. b. Create content on a regular or scheduled basis for social media platforms c. Develop email marketing materials and grow the list for email distribution. d. Create template for email newsletter and other email communications.
- Inform public of Dental Center’s programs and services. a. i. Meet with staff to identify Dental Center programs and services that are most under-utilized or most in need of updated marketing materials. ii. Conduct an evaluation of existing marketing materials for those programs. iii. Gather relevant information about programs (target population, requirements/qualifications to participate, etc.) from program coordinators.
To apply to the VISTA program and for the role at the Dental Center you must go directly to the website: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=71439&fromSearch=true
VISTA provides a stipend allowance of approximately $12,000/yearly in addition to other benefits such as a healthcare benefit, an education award at the end of your yearlong service, and non-compete eligibility status for government jobs .
For more information about VISTA and the benefits of service, visit:
Posted in Internships ,Paid April 5, 2017
Associated Press Sports Editors are sponsoring four $1,500 scholarships for collegiate sports journalists.
APSE, a national organization of sports editors, is awarding four scholarships to help motivate talented students to pursue a career in sports journalism. Collegiate sports journalists entering their sophomore, junior or senior years in 2017 are eligible for the scholarship which will awarded based on the students’ journalistic work, their academic record, financial need, and geography. The winners will be chosen by the APSE scholarship committee, which is chaired by Joe Sullivan, sports editor of the Boston Globe and includes editors from all sections of the United States. Deadline is June 1.
Please have include the following information in their letter of application:
- Personal: Name, address, age, phone number.
- Academic: A copy of the student’s collegiate grades.
- Financial: A brief rundown of the student’s financial situation, with regards to how he/she plans to pay for tuition.
- Five examples of sports journalism (usually stories but could also be sections the student has edited), using either links or PDFs.
Email information to Joe Sullivan, sports editor of the Boston Globe at email@example.com with APSE Scholarship in subject line.
Posted in Awards ,Scholarships April 4, 2017
The Toledo Business Journal is seeking an unpaid intern for the Summer, and for the Fall 2017 semester, to assist with producing our monthly newspaper. Most work involves transcribing telephone interviews into a typewritten document, but other tasks may include retouching photos using Photoshop, preparing real estate reports, and searching for press releases. Interns will also be asked to prepare a business news story using internet research that may be published in the newspaper with their byline.
Candidates should be able to come into our office, located at 5660 Southwyck Blvd., for two hours twice a week. This schedule is extremely flexible to accommodate classes and other activities, but it is a good opportunity to gain professional experience.
Interested students should send a resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 419-865-0972, ex. 21, for more information. We will then conduct a job interview at our office.
Posted in Internships March 3, 2017
The Victory Center is a non-profit cancer wellness center in Toledo. We provide free programs and services for cancer patients, survivors and family members, such as yoga, massage, reflexology, counseling, support groups, nutrition classes, art therapy and much more.
We have a special, brand-new fundraising event that is going to take place in September 2017 and are looking for help with some of the public relations and writing components to help make it successful. Specifically, our intern will help develop a newsletter for event participants, write much of the content, produce email communications regarding the event, and develop a social media marketing strategy, among other assignments.
Hours will range from 10-15 hours per week, with a total of at least 120 hours between May 15 and August 7. Flexible schedule available.
Please apply with a resume or letter expressing your interest to:
Dianne Barndt, Executive Director
Application deadline: March 24, 2017 at 3 pm
Posted in Internships ,Study and Learn February 23, 2017
KAWE/KAWB is searching for a talented Multimedia journalist who can shoot, write, edit and produce compelling stories on a daily basis. This is an entry-level position at a station recently nominated for an Upper Midwest Emmy for station excellence.
We are located in beautiful north-central Minnesota and we have a long history of developing quality reporters and anchors. This position is responsible for a little of everything (hard news, spot news, feature reporting, government stories, civic stories and more.) I need someone who is excited to tell stories that matter to our audience. I am looking for a strong journalist who can find stories and handle big stories.
This position is based out of our bureau office in Brainerd, MN. You must be able to shoot, edit, and write your own stories. Hands-on internship experience is a plus. Total compensation package is $24,200 including benefits. One-year contract.
If interested, send link to demo reel, cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com or mail to Dennis Weimann, News Director, 108 Grant Avenue NE, Bemidji, Minnesota, 56601. Phone number (218) 333-3050.
Posted in Jobs ,Paid ,Study and Learn February 21, 2017
Are you an English major (or a major in another discipline) who is interested in an internship that puts your critical thinking and writing skills to good use? Do you want to learn more about coordinating interdisciplinary activities for campus and community audiences?
The Institute for the Study of Culture & Society supports faculty collaboration across traditional disciplinary boundaries, and serves as an incubator for innovative research and teaching. ICS supports the academic goals of the University by helping faculty to develop, communicate, and disseminate their scholarly and creative work to constituencies across campus and throughout the region. With our public events and outreach efforts, we bring issues of vital national and global importance to Northwest Ohio, and, in turn, bring community knowledge back into the university.
Interns at ICS work approximately 10 hours a week in the ICS offices, planning ICS Fellows talks, workshops, the Spring Speaker Series, and other high-impact events. ICS Intern tasks and responsibilities may also include:
- Drafting text for emails, press releases, invitation letters, posters, and other essential documents
- Planning, scheduling, and publicizing events, including the Spring Speaker Series and Scholars- and Artists-in-Residence Fellowship lectures
- Updating the ICS website and social media accounts
- Coordinating schedules among various constituents across campus
- Creating itineraries for visiting speakers
- Reserving rooms and preparing for events across and off-campus
- Scheduling meetings with ICS Fellows, interdisciplinary research clusters, and ICS Executive Board members
- Collecting and organizing ICS Fellowship applications and Executive Board nominations
- Archiving ICS documents on Scholarworks
- Updating activity reports on research clusters
ICS interns are eligible to take ENG 4890 (ENG 5890 for graduate students) or AS 4890 (AS 5890) for up to three credit hours; students may be able to continue interning for a second semester. If they would prefer to do the internship without course credit, students may sign up for COOP 050, and the internship will still appear on their transcript.
Interns must have basic Microsoft Office skills; familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and/or Photoshop are preferred skills.
Application Materials are due March 20, 2017. Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
• Letter of application, including:
o Your name
o Your major and year at BGSU
o Why you are interested in being an intern with ICS
o Your skills and interests that might be well suited to working with an interdisciplinary public humanities institute
o Previous experience with planning events and/or writing promotional materials
• List of two-three references, with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately after the deadline, with finalists being invited to interview for the position by early April.
Questions should be emailed to ICS Director Jolie Sheffer at email@example.com.
Posted in Internships ,Study and Learn February 21, 2017
$500 scholarship will be awarded to one undergraduate student majoring in Journalism and Public Relations.
- Must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in sports media.
- Sophomore or Junior standing
- Completed application must be received in the School of Media and Communication office (302 West Hall) by Friday, March 10, 2017. Electronic submissions cannot be accepted.
Posted in Awards ,Scholarships February 16, 2017
The reporter is in charge of Anna, Botkins, Russia, Houston, Jackson Center and Minster communities. This includes compiling and budgeting the community pages each Tuesday through Saturday.
The reporter is also in charge of Common Pleas, Juvenile and Municipal court; marriages/divorces/dissolutions; real estate transfers; building permits; and compiling unemployment stories each month for Shelby and the surround counties.
The reporter attends council and board of education meetings in the communities assigned to him/her. The rotation of coverage changes depending on what is happening in the communities.
In addition, the reporter is also given general assignments/features to handle in a timely matter.
The person is the backup to the news editor and fills in on the desk when she is on vacation or off for the day.
The reporter also works with online, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Contract Melanie Speicher, editor, 937-538-4822 or email resumes and samples of work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Jobs ,Paid February 8, 2017
The Center for Innovative Food Technology (CIFT), based in Toledo, Ohio, is a developer and provider of technical innovations and solutions for the food processing, agribusiness and agricultural sectors of the economy in our region, our state and beyond. These innovations and solutions are developed in order to enhance the economic performance of the food processing and agricultural sectors.
The marketing and communications department at CIFT will hire one interested student for an internship during the spring 2017 (Jan. through May) term. The following areas will be some of the responsibilities:
- Write/edit content for printed materials including flyers, newsletters, brochures, advertisements, speaker bios, signage, etc.
- Assist in maintaining large online database of contacts.
- Event planning.
- Organize and maintain news clippings and photo file (scan newspapers, websites to clip/photocopy articles pertaining to CIFT and/or the industry in general); maintain news binders and filing system for easy access to CIFT employees; create monthly media/advertising reports.
- Research and evaluate potential marketing opportunities for CIFT.
- Assist in maintaining timely website and social media content.
- Ensuring media list remains up to date.
- Create media kits for CIFT events.
- Assist marketing and communications department in various projects.
- Perform other duties as directed (handling mailings, etc.).
We kindly ask that you relay this information to all classes, professors and students. Again, we are limiting the program to one student during the spring 2017 term, so those interested should email a résumé to Jim Konecny at email@example.com. Applicants should possess effective oral and written communication skills and demonstrated computer literacy. In addition, applicants should be able to demonstrate a working understanding of marketing and communications.
Posted in Internships ,Study and Learn January 26, 2017